Palestine – Salesian School of Social Communication in Middle East begins
Last Monday, October 10, the Salesian School of Social Communication (SSCS) began in the “Adolescent Jesus” Province of the Middle East (MOR). This course opened with an initial meeting, conducted digitally, chaired by the General Counselor for Social Communication of the Salesian Congregation, Fr. Gildasio Mendes, and was also attended by the Superior of the MOR Province, Fr. Alejandro León, the Provincial Delegate for Social Communication, Fr. Pier Jabloyan, five young Salesian missionaries, and young communicators representing the different Salesian centers in the Province.
There were a total of twenty-five participants, with about two people connected from each of the Salesian works or schools in the Province: Cairo-Zeitun, Cairo-El Sahel and Alexandria (Egypt); Damascus, Aleppo and Kafroun (Syria); El Houssoun and Al Fidar (Lebanon); and Nazareth (Holy Land).
This first session focused on the presentation of the contents and objectives of the SSCS, which will be concretely carried out in the next meetings, and allowed for a first moment of acquaintance and interaction among all participants. In the next five meetings, following the scheme prepared by the Social Communication Department, the SSCS will address 5 topics led by different people, each according to their specialization:
– The Biblical Dimension of Communication, with Fr. Gildasio Mendes, General Counselor for Social Communication.
– The synodal dimension of Communication, with Fr. Harris Pakkam, Editorial Director of the Salesian iNfo Agency (ANS).
– The Salesian dimension of Communication, with Fr. Ricardo Campoli, member of the Social Communication Dept.
– The institutional dimension of Communication, with Dr. Fabrizio Vignati, lay collaborator of the Special Circumscription of Piedmont and Aosta Valley (ICP).
– The Communication and Youth Ministry dimension, with Fr. Miguel Angel García Morcuende, General Councilor for Youth Ministry.
An in-depth study on the theme of Justice and Peace shall complete the path of the SSCS in the MOR Province.
“We hope that this school will strengthen our mission of communication in the Salesian Middle East, between centers and schools, following in the footsteps of Don Bosco, thanks to the accompaniment offered to us by the whole Salesian Congregation and in this case by the Social Communication Department,” Fr. Jabloyan declared on the occasion.
ANS – Agency of Salesian News